How can you get someone committed?

The angry outbursts have been getting more frequent and worse with DH. There were several this week, including one today with his parents here (which is the second time in a week he has exploded with them here.) He was moving my daughter's carseat and didn't see she had a cup of hot chocolate in her cup holder. It spilled and he yelled and cussed about it in our driveway. (Blaming her, of course, though he was the one not to see it and spill it.) Anyway, his mom and I were talking about his issues and she wondered if he refuses to get help, if there is a way to make him go into a psychiatric hospital? I just don't know what to do.