Need ADHD Eval in Philly Area

My husband has agreed to get an ADHD eval.  We live in the Philly area and I believe we have a number of great resources in this area.  I have a few questions:

  • Should we see a psychologist for an eval?
  • Can a psychologist prescribe medicine or would we need to be referred to a psychiatrist?
  • Our local hospital  has an ADD Adult center that provides an eval for $1500, but it seems awfully expensive. In the long run, I wonder if we would be better served by finding a qualified psychologist instead?

Any thoughts and/or recommendations of qualified places for evals in the Philly area? Thanks!