Overview - Seattle Event
Anger and communication blow-ups are common for couples impacted by ADHD, who are typically quite different from each other in backgrounds and skillsets. This hands-on workshop focuses on two topics – diminishing anger, and improving communication around difficult topics. The goals of the workshop are to help couples:
- Cope more ably with anger from a partner
- Identify and better manage anger in oneself
- Improve communication skills with specific strategies shown to work for couples impacted with ADHD, so there are fewer anger interactions
- Learn how to get 'unstuck' from repetitive conflict interactions
- Develop a personal plan for how to better manage anger and communication which couples can build upon after completing the workshop
This fast-paced workshop is packed with expert information and opportunities for personalized learning. The workshop will combine:
- small sections of lecture to lay out the most common issues
- participant discussion of how this relates to their own situation
- specific, personal exercises targeted to improving communication around anger, monitored by the faculty for guidance
- discussion of learnings the group is having as we go along
- hands on practice of skills designed to improve how you manage and communicate around anger
- recap of the most important points from the participants in the room
- time for questions and discussion of your issues
Melissa Orlov is a top expert in how ADHD impacts couples. She is the author of two award-winning books on the topic, counsels couples, and teaches therapists around the world how to work with couples impacted by ADHD. She is the founder of www.ADHDmarriage.com
Leslie Todaro, LMFTA, CDPT is the director of the Hallowell-Todaro Center in Seattle, which uses a strengths-based approach to managing and treating ADHD. She holds a Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy.
Friday, March 9: An Evening About ADHD and Relationships with Dr. Ned Hallowell and Melissa Orlov
Highly recommended for those attending the workshop. More information at this link.
505 Market Street, Kirkland, WA
Saturday, March 10: Anger and ADHD Communication Skills Workshop
8:30am to 4:30pm
Limited to a maximum of 8 couples
Coffee, lunch, afternoon snack included.
Both events will take place at the new Hallowell-Todaro Center, 505 Market Street, Kirkland, WA
For information, call
Registration and Tuition
While the Friday night event is not required, it is highly recommended as preparation for the workshop on Saturday.
Price for the seminar on Saturday is $475, per couple. Registration includes food and beverages, but does not include transportation or hotels.