I would like to try to help my husband and son get organized. I think that with some more structure in our lives and home, they would function better. My husband struggles with setting up structure because he never feels it is good enough, but he said he would be willing to use a structure that I set up for him in the absence of something perfect!
Here are some of the issues I have noticed. If you have found ways to manage them in your lives, I would sure love to hear about it! Any tips or advice would be welcome. So much of this comes naturally to me that I have trouble putting myself in their place but I really want to help.
- Losing keys and daily use items like wallet, cards, coats, etc.
- Dealing with paperwork. I do the bills but there are other papers he hangs on to.
- An order for getting ready and out the door. I think that would help eliminate forgetting things.
- Paying bills on time.
- Returning phone calls and emails.
- Keeping desk and assignments organized at school. It has been hard since I am not actually there.