I've been an awfully good girl for nearly 55 years. I haven't been greedy. I have worked hard and have a good job. I have looked after my parents and raised a child. I have been (in the main) polite in the most taxing of circumstances.I have waited and waited for things to get better. I haven't asked for impossible things. I haven't expected impossible things.
However, just this once I am making a very special list for you.
I would like for Christmas:
- a visibility cloak so that I can be seen
- a pair of ears so that I can be heard
- some strong arms so that I can be held
- a new heart because mine is pretty battered and rusted up
- a new bag of patience because mine has worn thin
- a sachet of vim and vigour because I've run very low
- an optimism transplant I know this last one is hard to track down, but I am finding it increasingly difficult to keep growing my own
If you have run out of these things, that's ok. I understand. But if that is the case, can I ask instead for one of those black wand things that Will Smith waves in front of people in Men in Black to erase their memories?
Oh, and a frying pan for those special moments when words just don't get through
Thank you for reading this Santa. I know you are very busy at this time of year. I wish you and Mrs Santa a very Merry Christmas.