I'm new to this, so please be patient with me. My husband appears to have ADHD along with a germ phobia. It has gotten to the point that I honestly don't know how much longer I can stay in this marriage. He knows he has a problem, but when I mention getting help, he says I think he's crazy. We've been married for almost 25 years and its getting progressively worse. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! He has not been officially diagnosed with ADHD, but he definitely has many of the characteristics.
1) He interrupts your conversation
2) He repeats what he says until he feels he has gotten his point across
3) He paces the floor when talking or on the phone
4) He looks at everything but you while your talking, then didn't hear what you said
5) He has difficulty reading
6) His mind goes in a hundred different directions at once
7) When I try to help him through a situation, he misreads my intent and says that I nag him
8) He is a public speaker and it has gotten so bad that he walked in front of the platform while a group was performing and it wasn't his time to speak ( I was mortified! I didn't know what to do)
He feels noone understands him and when he comes home from work he stays in his man cave until time to go to sleep. Please point us in the right direction. We don't know where to begin.
Thanks so much!