Recent forum posts (all topics)

How do I fix me?

I'm new to all of this so please bear with me. I'm in my late 20s and my wife and I have been married for about two years. let me start off by saying I love my wife with all my heart. Over the past year or so I have been struggling with my actions. I can't seem to control myself as if I run on a motor and it drives me to this tired state where I can fall asleep at varying times and for varying lengths of time. When this happens I pretty much go on autopilot, my motor skills barely work but I'm awake and I rarely remember anything. Occasionally I start fights and can be kind of mean.

Spouses - OCD and ADHD

My wife and I have three very bright and beautiful children but are at a severe juncture in our marriage. A web search brought me to your sight as I try to understand my unrelenting anger and my spouses daily struggle with structure. From a quick assessment, it looks like my wife has ADHD and I have been pouring fuel on a raging fire. My constant griping and blaming has created such a miserable environment that my wife walks around with knots in her stomach and the children continually apologize as a way to not upset Dad. Our diferences are all over the small things.

My husband and I can't seem to get organized

I was messy before I married my husband 3 years ago. His house was messy too but he lived with his mother, and never learned how to do housework. He blames my stuff for all the problems. We just moved 3 months ago, and haven't put anything away yet. Vital things have been lost in the mess. His solution seems to be to get rid of all my stuff. This bothers me, as it feels like he's rejecting me. How does he have the right to say I can never read that book, or weave that yarn, or whatever, just because I don't have time to do it right now. (working full-time and going to school)?

ADHD and Risk Taking

Forum: 
My husband and I have been married for 13 years and he was diagnosed last summer with adult ADHD. He said he first noticed his ADHD in second grade. Ever since I have known him he has always taken risks. I never realized how much it would bother me until it became a financial burden to our family. I dealt with it much better before we had kids, but now it is getting out of control. He has always wanted to have his own business. I can't even tell you how many different business ventures he has tried. He claimed bankruptcy the second year we were married for a business that failed.

new to all of this

The love of my life, my husband, was just diagnosed with adhd a couple of months ago. After researching the subject of adult adhd, I now see how all of the things that seem to have been bringing him down and holding him back lately are in some way attributed to his adhd. He is a loving and educated man with a true gentle heart who does not know the impact this has on my heart. I think he grew up with a lot of shame and pain due to his adhd and the lack of communication in his childhood. He doesn't have his parents to turn to, only me.

Newly weds- both ADD in very different ways

My husband and I have been married for a little over a month now, and although it is such a short amount of time we are already facing the issue that we are very different people. We both have been diagnosed with ADD. My husband was diagnosed about 2 years ago and I was diagnosed almost 1 year ago. Some might think that this similarity makes our marriage easy; however, sometimes we are so different that I begin to wonder if I have ADD at all!

Pages